1. How do I apply for a job at Charles Wells?
Have a look at the roles that are currently available using the search facilities throughout this site. If you don’t see a role that fits your talents, you can select the ‘speculative applications’ button and we will be in contact with you if and when a role becomes available that is a good fit for your skills, experience and aspirations.
2. What is the Charles Wells recruitment process?
This varies according to the type of role and we’ll be able to advise as soon as you are shortlisted. For example, some of our roles will involve a couple of interviews whereas others could involve assessment days.
3. What documentation should I bring to interview?
You will be required to bring evidence of your right to work in the UK. Any additional information that you are required to bring with you to interview will be included in your invitation to interview, should you be selected.
4. Can I apply for more than one position?
Of course, but please ensure that they are all positions which you have the experience and skills to do. When applying for more than one position, please fully complete the application process (and submit your application) for one job, before applying for another one.
5. I have applied for a job at Charles Wells – will I receive a personal response?
We will confirm receipt of your application immediately by email and always aim to provide information as to whether you have been successful or unsuccessful as quickly as possible.
6. I was not successful in the application process – will I get feedback?
We receive a high number of applications and therefore cannot, unfortunately, provide feedback to everyone.
7. Can I register as a speculative applicant?
We welcome speculative applications. If you cannot find the role on our site you were looking for please select the ‘general applications’ button and you’ll be able to register from here.
8. Issues with my online application, what should I do?
We usually find these types of issues are related to running an older version of web browsers. For optimum performance on our site, we recommend that you use one of the following browsers, either the latest version or the latest but one:
– Internet Explorer
If you still have technical issues with the site please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. I have applied before, can I reapply?
We welcome applications from previous candidates – whether you’d like to apply for a similar role again or apply for a different role altogether, providing you have suitable skills and experience for this role.
10. I require a work permit to work in the UK, will Charles Wells sponsor me?
Unfortunately we can only sponsor candidates for roles which are within the skills shortage list.
11. Do you offer any training programmes?
We offer a wide range of training opportunities which differ across our various business areas. Please see our “what we offer you” page on this site for further information around this.
1. Does Charles Wells use recruitment agencies?
We do use recruitment agencies occasionally, but the majority of our vacancies are filled directly.
2. How can we work with Charles Wells?
We have a preferred suppliers list of recruitment agencies that have previously worked successfully with Charles Wells as they have a full understanding of our needs and the sector we operate within.
3. Will you accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies?
We do not accept speculative CVs. Any CVs sent in this way will be disregarded and ownership of the candidate will not sit with the agency.
4. How can we prove to you that we can be successful in finding candidates?
We receive a huge amount of requests from agencies wanting to work with us, so it is difficult to get back to everyone. We are happy with the agencies that we are currently working with and do not have any immediate intention to review our Preferred Supplier List.
If you have any enquiries please email: email@example.com.
5. How often should we contact you and how?
We prefer to contact our preferred agencies directly when we have a vacancy. If you would like to contact us directly please do use the email address above, but please be aware that your communication may not be responded to due to the sheer number of enquiries we receive on a daily basis.