We are a diverse company and wear many different hats, from brewer to wine merchant and publican on both sides of the English Channel so what is the vision that binds Charles Wells together?
We want to be distinctive. To brew flavoursome beers that really stand out in today’s fast-paced market; to seek out the most interesting wines from the new and old world; and to provide local communities with pubs that have real character.
Our values are as follows:
- Inspiring leadership, exceptional performance
- Continuous learning and improvement conveys excellence to our customers
- Teamwork makes us unbeatable
- Respect & trust lead to lasting, valuable relationships
- Passion for our work delivers exemplary customer service
Previously we have supported Macmillan Cancer Support and Keech Hospice Care and have raised in excess of £150k. We have now started to support Mind with fundraising events coordinated by a small committee of enthusiastic employees. Initiatives have been as varied as a Beer & Curry night through to an indulgent pamper evening. In the first 3 months we have raised in excess of £5k and are looking forward to combining fund raising with increasing awareness of mental health issues.